Another holiday favourite.... actual gingerbread either on it's own or I decided to shake it up a bit and pop a bit of lemon butter icing on top... delicious :) Ask Orla!! x
150g butter, 200g golden syrup, 200g treacle, 125g dark muscovado sugar, 2tsp grated ginger, 1tsp ground ginger, 1tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, 1tsp bicarb of soda(dissolved in 2tbsp warm water), 250ml full fat milk, 2beaten eggs, 300g plain flour
GAS 3 or 170C
Grease sides and line a dish 30X20X5 Cm
- In a saucepan over a low heat(it burns quickly!), melt butter, sugar, syrup, treacle, gingers, cinnamon and cloves.
- Take off heat and cool slightly, mix in the milk, beaten eggs, and dissolved bicarb
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and pour over the liquid ingredients, beating until well mixed.**It'll be a very liquid batter.
- Pour into tin and bake for 50-60mins, keep an eye. Until it is risen and firm
- Cool in the tin! Ice if you like or don't ice if you don't like :)
200g icing sugar, 100g butter, grated lemon zest and 1tbsp lemon juice