Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Cake!

Now every year I debate about whether to make a christmas cake or not, generally it's left there 'til March!! It's just one of those things thats forgotten about what with every other type of sweet and cake around the place :) But this year I made a cake (recipe adapted from Rachel Allens Bake) and it was a hit. The cake itself was light and moist, really full of fruit and whisky obviously! I'd say you'd get drunk after a few slices.. happy days! I'm not going to type the recipe as it involves many many ingredients but it's very simple to make. E-mail @ jennifer.omahony@gmail.com if you'd like it. I decorated the cake using almond paste and a ready to roll white fondant icing. I made holly cutouts and stuck them on, iced it and placed silver baubles around the outline.. it was loverly! And half of it was gone before Christmas Day... Madness!









No comments:

Post a Comment