So i wanted something different and decided to make this classic hummingbird cake ! I was sceptical at first when i looked at the ingredients but it turned out to be a super moist cake that was full of flavour! My mum hates nutty cakes but even she loved it... win win!
- Beat the sugar, eggs, oil, banana and cinnamon together until incorporated ** might look curdled at this stage dont worry!
- Slowly add the flour, bicarb, salt and vanilla and beat everything until well mixed
- Stir in the pineapple and nuts, until evenly dispersed
- Pour evenly into 3 tins and smooth over (lift tins 3inches off counter and drop!)
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins until sponge bounces back or cake skewer comes out clean
- Cool in tins slightly and turn onto wire rack.. cool some more!
- Ice! .........
600g icing sugar , 100g softened butter, 250g cream cheese
Beat sugar and butter together until smooth, add in the cream cheese and beat again for about 6 mins until light and fluffy. Sandwich cakes and ice all over aswell . Scatter with chopped nuts.... Devour!
* dont use other oils like olive oil etc as they are too strong in flavour