Monday, April 12, 2010

Flan!!

This was one of the things that always worked when I first started baking, no matter what I messed up or what turned out completely wonky, my flan's always saved the day :) Made this for the first BBQ of the year on Sunday, it was a glorious day with glorious food and company! Oh and lots of sparkling wine.. Yay!! The only chance I got to get a pic was when it was half devoured haha

Simple ingredients;
4eggs, 4oz caster sugar, 4oz self raising flour and a 1/2 tsp baking powder

Whisk the eggs and sugar until light and creamy and a figure of eight stays on top
Sift in the flour and baking powder and fold in lightly to keep the air in the mixture.
Pour into a prepared flan tin and bake in 180C oven for 20mins.Cool on a wire rack.

Top with freshly whipped cream and fruit of your choice. I went with madarin apple and choc chips cuz we ate all the strawberries with our wine a little earlier on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment