Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sultana Loaf

I love love love sultana anything! Be it scones, tea brack or my carrot cake with sultanas in it, I'd eat anything to do with them. And if a recipe calls for 50g I always add way more than that :) So I made a simple Sultana Bread, well its more of a cake but it's delicious regardless of what we'll call it. It's sort of crispy/crumbly on the outside but melt in your mouth on the inside and I obviously have to smother it with some real butter.... sure it'd be rude not to really wouldn't it?


Recipe:
125g butter, 125g caster sugar, 2 eggs(beaten), 4tbsp water, 1tsp cinnamon, 175g sultanas, 225g self raising flour.
Bake at 180C for 45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.

Grease and line a 1lb loaf tin. Cream the butter and then beat in the sugar until light and fluffy, approx 3mins at high speed. Beat in the eggs a small bit each time, beating well between additions. Then beat in the water. Sift the flour into the mixture and fold in. Then fold in the sultanas and cinnamon, mixing very well but not overworking. Turn the mix into the prepped tin and bake!

Once cooked let it cool in the tin for a few mins, then turn it onto a wire rack.
I like to cut a slice while it's still warm and serve with butter... and it's just as good cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment